The 71st Golden Globes was on this past Sunday. Here are some of my thoughts on the show…
1) I was a little shocked by all the awards “American Hustle” won. Like I said in my review of the film, I didn’t dislike it, but I didn’t think it was great enough to win an award for Best Picture. I am a fan of Jennifer Lawrence, but I will admit, I was shocked when she won the award for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture.
2) I am so happy Jared Leto won for Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture. He more than deserved it. His performance in “Dallas Buyers Club” was amazing.
3) I am so glad Bryan Cranston won for Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama. Same goes for Breaking Bad‘s win for Best TV Series, Drama. Bryan Cranston was incredible as Walter White, and Breaking Bad was a great series.
4) I couldn’t help but be shocked by both of Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s wins. By the reactions of the cast and crew, I think they shared the same sense of shock. Good for the underdog, though.
5) Most Awkward Award Speech goes to Jacqueline Bisset, hands down.
6) My picks for Worst Dressed: Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts, Jennifer Lawrence, Caitlin FitzGerald, Jacqueline Bisset, Paula Patton, Melissa McCarthy.
7) My picks for Best Dressed: Elisabeth Moss, Sandra Bullock, Amy Adams, Zooey Deschanel, Margot Robbie, Naomi Watts.
8) Bono needs to stop wearing sunglasses everywhere he goes.
9) Why were Usher and P. Diddy there?
10) Tina Fey and Amy Poehler did a great job hosting. There is no need for 20-minute musical numbers during a 3-hour award show. They had the right amount of jokes, I thought.
11) I’m glad “The Great Beauty” won for Best Foreign Language Film. It was the only film I’ve seen from the category, but it’s definitely worth watching. A little long, but a cool film.
What did you guys think about the Golden Globes this year? Anyone you wanted to win who didn’t? Any films you were surprised won? Let me know your thoughts!
Have a great Tuesday.